Include: newspaper/flyers, phone books, white & coloured paper, catalogues, soft & hard cover books (binding/cover removed), magazines and envelopes (window can be left in).
Do not include: gift wrap.
Include: milk cartons, juice cartons and Tetra-Pak juice boxes.
Do not include: juice cartons with plastic pour spouts.
Include: cereal/cracker boxes, paper towel & toilet paper tubes, frozen food boxes, drink trays, egg cartons and greeting cards.
Do not include: foil lined or wax coated items.
Include: Shipping, appliance, furniture and pizza boxes (cleaned of excess food).
Do not include: wax coated boxes or items soiled with food.
Plastics marked with the following symbols are acceptable:
- PETE #1 (screw top bottles and jars only with caps removed) e.g. Soft drink, water and beer bottles; mouthwash bottles; peanut butter, salad dressing and vegetable oil containers.
- HDPE #2 e.g. Milk jugs, juice bottles, detergent and household cleaner bottles, shampoo bottles, some trash/shopping bags, butter and yogurt tubs.
- LDPE #4 e.g. Squeezable bottles; bread/frozen food, dry cleaning and shopping bags.
- PP #5 e.g. yogurt containers, syrup bottles, ketchup bottles, caps, straws and medicine bottles.
- PS #6 e.g. Disposable plates and cups, meat trays, egg cartons, carry-out containers, aspirin bottles and CD cases.
Styrofoam pieces must be no larger than 36″x 24″x 8″
Do not include: other #1 plastics (e.g. egg cartons, bakery trays, deli containers, etc.); #3, # 7 or unmarked plastics; motor oil bottles; hard plastics e.g. dishes, toys; materials with multiple #’s or popcorn Styrofoam.
Include: grocery bags, frozen vegetable bags, milk bags/pouches and newspaper sleeves.
Do not include: cereal/cracker box liners, plastic food wrap (e.g. Saran), zipper storage bags, diapers, meat/bacon packaging, “crinkly” outer packaging (e.g. Pasta wrappers), pet food bags or bubble wrap.
Include: clear & coloured glass bottles and jars.
Do not include: broken glass, window panes, mirrors, light bulbs, ceramics or drinking glasses.
Aluminium and Steel
Include: aluminium/steel food & beverage containers and foil wrap. Labels do not need to be removed.
Do not include: paint/aerosol cans, scrap metal.
Include: cardboard cans/spiral wound tubes with metal/plastic ends (frozen/refrigerated dough & juice cans, nut & chip containers, formula/powdered drink mixes).